We accepted the referral I blogged about last week. Really, we were hooked on this baby boy immediately, but needed to meet with doctors as a formality and to make sure we had the big picture. He is called Edilu & he's a beautiful baby boy, about 6 months old & from the Southern part of the country. Aunt Carri and her boys asked to call him "Eddie" for the time being & Ellie really wants to call him "Jeremy" for some reason. So, what's next? As of now all of our documents are getting ready to be submitted to the Ethiopian courts. Basically, we wait (which as my SIL Carri said to me on the phone, "this is where the work begins"- b/c in the waiting we pray, intercede, & remain out of control. The Ethiopian government will assign us a court date (typically this would be 3-6 months from now, but with some recent changes it's hard to know what to expect) and at that time Riley and I will travel to Ethiopia to petition for this boy. We will meet him and be able to have some interaction with him. Ry and I will return back to the States and wait until we have "the go" to return to Ethiopia and bring him home! So, pray with us as we've got long battles before us.