Monday, June 14, 2010

Bike Riding 101



Early Saturday morning Riley gave Ellie a present...a set of knee pads, elbow pads, and riding gloves! She was thrilled and decided that it was the day to learn to ride a bike without training wheels. I stayed in with Saedi anticipating a crying Ellie to walk through the door having given up on bike riding. To our surprise, she did barge through the door about 10 minutes later saying she was riding her bike without training wheels! She caught on quickly and was brave the entire time. She's been riding everyday since and yesterday she learned how to turn corners and turn directions as well. What a champ!
Link

3 comments:

mjs said...

I can't believe it! I mean, I know you said she could ride w/o training wheels, but she is really riding . . . and going at a nice clip! Well done!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, she's getting so big! I'm sure Riley ate it up! Now you really don't need that triple stroller :-)

KToth said...

Wow! She even stopped without falling! I clearly remember my first time riding without training wheels and I stopped by running into a hill and jumping off. Good job Riley. Ellie is such a genius. :)