Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Words

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush & Seba in your stead.
Since you are precious & honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for your life.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.
I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the sound, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
& my daughters from the ends of the earth-
everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed & made."

Lead out those who have eyes but are blind,
who have ears but are deaf.
All the nations gather together
& the peoples assemble.
Which of them foretold this
& proclaimed to us the former things?
Let them bring in their witnesses to
prove they were right,
so that others may hear & say, "It is true."
"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know & believe me
& understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
I, even I, am the Lord,
& apart from me there is no savior.
I have revealed & saved &
proclaimed-
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses," declares the Lord,
"that I am God.
Yes, & from ancient days I am he.
No one can deliver out of my hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?"

Isaiah 43: 1b-13

Link

No comments: