Thursday, August 4, 2011

Applaud God

In my inbox today I received 2 things:
1. This beautiful picture of Solomon standing and looking so happy and well-cared for.
2. A message from our friends we met in Ethiopia (also Americans adopting) who were on the same time line as us. Their paperwork cleared on Tuesday & they received their travel date of August 16th. While we're happy for them, it's so excruciating hard to not feel left behind right now. While I look at Sol's picture and cry God calls me to Psalm 100
Psalm 100
On your feet now-applaud God!
Bring a gift of laughter,
sing yourselves into his presence.

Know this: God is God, and God, God.
He made us; we didn't make him.
We're his people, his well-tended sheep.

Enter with the password: "Thank You!"
Make yourselves at home, talking praise.
Thank him. Worship him.

For God is sheer beauty,
all generous in love,
loyal always and ever.
Link

1 comment:

Jana said...

I so hear you! We traveled with one other couple, and they cleared and go to embassy 8/15. We were asked for more documents. I'm happy for them, but SO jealous! I really do understand...hang in there!