Friday, August 19, 2011

Master Bedroom Tour



I love our bedroom! It's a nice sized-room with 3 bright windows. In decorating, I knew I wanted to use the color slate. I started with the bed as we were in need of new bedding. For the longest time I had my heart set on this bedding from West Elm (in slate), but it never went on sale! And it's really tough for me to buy things that aren't on sale. Then, after talking with Riley we decided we'd be better off with a quilt as were were always hot using a duvet. Anyway, when I saw this quilt I loved it immediately and snatched it up before it sold out. I thought it would work perfectly with slate walls! After I purchased the bedding, Meghan introduced me to the Carpet Mill Outlet where we found this cute light grey shag rug. Next, I painted my walls Paramount by Behr from The Home Depot. I loved it! Curtains are from Ikea. Piece by piece, I found the small nightstand and painted it white. And the best deal of all was our fantastic dresser we got for FREE off Craigslist. All we had to do was get rid of a couch for someone and in return they gave us this dresser. After a little wood putty this Pier 1 beauty looks great! Meghan helped me choose an accent color (berry/magenta). I found the adorable pillow, candle, & lamp with shade on clearance at Target. We also added the white ceiling fan (less then $30 from Home Depot). Lastly, I wasn't sure what to put on the dresser and my budget was gone so I used a mirror & 2 frames that I had and got crafty. I taped berry-colored yarn to tissue paper and that worked great as a picture inside the frame! And I had a magenta/grey scarf in my closet that adds a nice pop of color. The walls are still bare, but at least it feels comfortable & classy, which I guess is my style :)
My free dresser, free plant, & homemade artwork.

$15 Goodwill stand that I sanded & painted white.
Magenta accents from Target
Fantastic view & sound of creek out our front bedroom windows!


Link

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! I love the bedding!

Meghan said...

LOVE the artwork, michelle!!! You are super talented :) You amaze me with how far you have already come with your house!

the indiansandpirates said...

I love this. Perfectly soothing and classy.